Before we get started, I want to be clear that I am not advocating a spirit of lawlessness or teaching that we should not be submitted to authority. Romans 13:1-3
I am walking in the liberty that came when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and became a citizen of His Kingdom. John 8:36
Remember last month, we saw that the essence of religion is that man is trying to do things his own way, but still have a relationship with God. Luke 16:16 AMP
We want to have a relationship with God through Jesus, not to get caught up in religion. So, here are some steps we can take to avoid or be delivered from a religious mindset.
- Be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit which will never contradict the Word of God. John 16:13-15 KJV & AMP
- Come to know the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. Romans 7:6b NLT Law - God's Word
- Make sure that the preaching and teaching you hear is biblical by reading and studying the Bible for yourself. 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2:15
- Leave the traditions of men that are not biblically based. Mark 7:8-9 AMP; Colossians 2:8 AMP & NLT
- Do not allow anyone to pressure you to do anything that is a tradition if it is not in the Bible.
- Do not allow your experience to cause you to discount anything that is in the Bible because you have not experienced it. Romans 16:17-18 AMP