Sunday, January 1, 2017

Word To The Wise

When you feel you are being attacked by the enemy after you have made a confession of faith, keep your mouth closed. The enemy is looking for an opening from the words you will be tempted to speak while being attacked. Jesus gives us an example of how to operate like this in Matthew's gospel.
Mt.26:62-63; 27:12-14
Do not give the enemy place, but continue to stand on your confession of faith. Watch God work. The enemy will always lie to you with temporary circumstances. He wants you to act out in your flesh and give him an opportunity to destroy things in your life. You must submit to the Holy Spirit's guidance, be silent until God tells you to speak and/or tells you what to say. God is faithful and has already given you the victory. Don't allow your mouth or flesh to forfeit what God has already done. Psalm 39:1 "I said,  I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue : I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me."
Psalm 141:3 AMP "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips  [to keep me from speaking thoughtlessly ]."

No comments:

Post a Comment